- Duties to include on the job training for sales and finding controls solutions for clients and new customers.
- Building walk throughs and project take off duties as well as creating submittals/as-built drawings for projects.
- Some graphics creation and programming with instruction.
- Possible technician duties on job sites.
- Mechanical engineering education with an interest in commercial HVAC, building controls, programming and graphics.
- Able to read mechanical drawings and identify controls schematics.
Apprentice Electrician Helper
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist controls technicians with installation at multiple sites (with training and/or instruction)
- Pull wire and conduit (with training and/or instruction)
- Use a variety of hand tools
- Clean up or prepare work site
- Load, deliver, unload material
- The main requirement is that the applicant be willing to be trained to perform the jobs needed on any project.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC controls is considered an asset
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical plans and wiring diagrams
Some other requirements would include, but are not limited to:
- Physical strength, endurance, and stamina as the workweek often consists of four 10 hour shifts.
- Ability to work out of doors, regardless of temperature
- Ability to follow directions and communicate understanding
- Concentration on task and attention to the details of the instruction
- Understand and communicate information
- Complete service calls in addition to working on larger projects under the direction of a project manager or controls engineer.
- Install controllers
- Low voltage wiring
- Controls installation (pulling wire and conduit)
- Troubleshooting testing and commissioning systems
- Reading and understanding mechanical plans and wiring diagrams
- Coordinating work with other trades (electricians, HVAC techs, etc)
- Documenting work and procedures
- Analyzing and correcting communication issues
- Work according to project timelines and processes
- Work on Construction sites and follow required safety measures
- Verify that all control-point wiring has been correctly installed and terminated, sensors calibrated and field devices operate correctly
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Several years of experience in the controls field is considered an asset
- Previous experience with DDC, PLC or similar Ladder-Logic programming is considered an asset
- Well-developed trouble shooting skills
- The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs and ladders
- The employee must regularly life and/or move up to 25 pounds or more
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment